To handle the details of a company’s financial transactions, keep accurate records and ensure that payments are processed. Typical tasks include processing invoices, preparing tax remittance forms, and making bank deposits using Internet Banking. Work is supervised by an accountant. Entry level job; involves multitasking, administrative tasks, and interactions with customers and vendors.
The position is for one day a week, preferably Wednesday.
We are looking for goal-driven and work-oriented individual with a minimum of one (1) year of experience performing bookkeeper duties. Experienced in performing all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping such as A/R, A/P, journal entries, tax remittances, and accounts reconciliations. The successful candidate will be familiar with payroll, provincial and federal remittances, and possess confident knowledge of Simply Accounting (Sage50) software.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- Completion of a recognized accounting/bookkeeping program or diploma
- Strong knowledge of current accounting software and Microsoft Office
- Superior communication skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Assertiveness and diplomacy in dealing with challenges
- Must be Fluent in English
- accounting software;
- maintain general ledgers;
- post journal entries;
- prepare trial balance;
- compile financial statements;
- process accounts payable;
- accounts reconciliation;
- store, update and retrieve financial data;
- prepare tax, HST and Payroll remittances;
- prepare adjusted trial balance for the year-end.
- reasonably paced environment;
- firm deadlines and repetitive tasks.
Send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org