Once you register for e-mail notifications from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), you will be notified about important changes on your account. So, compared to the traditional mail, you get notified right away.
For instance, you will receive an email when:
- you have new CRA mail to view in My Account
- your address is changed
- your banking information for direct deposit is changed
- your marital status is changed
- your authorized representative information is changed
- mail sent to you by the CRA has been returned, meaning you need to update your mailing address
- you give Employment and Social Development Canada consent to share your information and it is updated with the CRA
Which Mail Will You Receive Electronically?
Some examples of CRA mail you can currently receive online include:
- notices of assessment and re-assessment
- benefit notices and slips
- T1 adjustment notices
- installment reminders
- for some programs, letters asking for information and documentation
Where to Register?
- Go to MyCRA page following this link.
- Click on CRA Register button. It will take you to Identity Validation step.
Have your SIN, address, and copy of filed T1 ready.
After successfully following the instructions, you should get to the notice saying that your access code was sent by mail, and you should be able to log-in to your CRA MyAccount page.
Adopted from Email notifications from the CRA – Individuals.